When a marketer gets a request for developing a presentation, this is what he/she should be asking. You can treat this as a briefing questionnaire prior to the start of the development.
- What is the objective of the PPT?
- Why is it needed and whats the benefit?
- Who are the intended audience for the presentation?
- What are their designation?
- Which departments do they manage and what are their locations?
- How will it be used – is it for public use or is it for a specific confined audience?
- Will this be presented in a conference/published online/presented to leads or prospects or customers or some other audience?
- How much time do you have for the presentation?
- What is the format of the presentation – will it include a question and answer session or any specific introductions/agenda that needs to be included?
- Is there any legal compliance surrounding the development?
- Logos to be used in the PPT? Have they been approved or is it available public?
- Quotes to be used and its approval?
- Mentions of projects/ customers/ any other facts that needs review and approval
- Attachments that needs to be inserted and relevant approval on it
- Any other assets that needs explicit approval?
- Is the presentation solely developed in-house and will only represent your brand / one or multiple brands belonging to same group/ will it be a joint effort with some company or speaker from other company?